Saturday, March 12, 2005

entrusting

Over the past several weeks, my world has been rocked and my faith has been challenged in ways that I never could have imagined even three months ago. Issues related to family and faith have brought me to the end of myself and caused me to cry out to the Father for deliverance.

At times the inward pain has almost been unbearable, but in my darkest moments the Father's mercy and grace have shone brightly. One of His redemptive purposes in allowing me to go through the fire has been to reveal anew that His mercies are new every morning and that His grace is sufficient for me. Without His mercy and grace to sustain me, I'd be wasting away in hopelessness and despair.

I've been reminded of David's words in Psalm 51:17 - "A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise." As I've seen how my hardness of heart has affected my wife and children, I've been broken. In the midst of my brokenness, two portions of Scripture have been a tremendous source of peace and encouragement:

"while suffering, He (Jesus) uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously" (1 Peter 2:23)

"let those also who suffer according to the will of God entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right" (1 Peter 4:19)

Even now, the Father continues to say, "Entrust yourself, your wife, and your children to Me. Release yourself and your family into My lovingkindness and faithfulness."

Live free! Live in Father's love!

No comments: