Sunday, November 12, 2006

obx marathon

Today I accomplished one of my lifetime goals: I ran my first marathon - 26.2 miles in 4 hours, 11 minutes, 15 seconds. Three months ago I came across an online ad for the OBX Marathon while doing research on the Outer Banks, and my heart was stirred. The timing and location seemed so right. One of the Father's words to me this year has been "released to run" (set free to be me), and few places on earth inspire me quite like the coast of North Carolina. I sensed the Father's encouragement to "Go For It!" As I began to train and prepare, everything fell right into place, and the Holy Spirit coached me through training, minor injuries, last-minute preparations, and the race itself. I ran the perfect race - a steady pace and a sprint to the finish (the last two miles were my fastest). Thank you, Daddy, for an awesome experience!

"The Lord GOD is my strength, and He has made my feet like hinds' feet." (Habakkuk 3:19)

- Lindsay

Live free! Live in Daddy's affection!

No comments: