Friday, November 05, 2004

spirit wind

"The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit." (John 3:8)

I thought about naming this post "blown away," because that's my reaction when I look back on the past ten months and see the Father's hand guiding me -

From the bedside of a comatose college friend and roommate...

To the Carolina basketball reunion where this same friend, healed by the Father's hand, rose to acknowledge the loving applause of 200+ fellow lettermen,

From a house church that had ceased to be an environment of life for me...

To a gathering of believers where there is a passion for the Father's heart and a freedom in the Spirit unlike anything I've ever experienced.

The wind of the Spirit has carried me along, bringing me into situations and relationships through which the Father continues to reveal the depths of His love and mercy and grace.

No comments: