Saturday, May 26, 2007

ever present

More excerpts from Divine Nobodies -

Jesus was always there. Through all those years when it seemed God was absent, he was actually present - seeing, listening, caring, and hurting with me and over me. Perhaps my feelings and five senses are not always a reliable guide to the facts of God. God can be intimately present even if it feels like he's nowhere to be found. Whenever I sank down into my black hole of depression, I often felt unbearably alone and abandoned by God, but now I was seeing this wasn't true.

God longs for my awareness that his divine love holds me, and that awareness brings healing and a sense of wholeness. God's love is there in the darkness of depression with me, there next to me in my little locked house, sharing my pain, holding me closely, and offering the light of his love.

- Jim Palmer, Divine Nobodies: Shedding Religion to Find God (and the unlikely people who help you), pp. 74-75

Click Divine Nobodies: Shedding Religion to Find God to order

Live free! Live in Daddy's affection!

No comments: