Wednesday, July 19, 2006

the guardian

Last night, I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest with my fifteen year-old son. One of the coming attractions was The Guardian, a movie about a student and instructor at the Coast Guard "A" School (search and rescue training). Towards the end of the trailer, these words appeared on the screen:

“Your darkest hour can be your finest moment”

Those words really struck a chord in my heart as I thought about events in my life over the past twelve months. In the midst of some very dark hours, Father showed me a level of gentleness, comfort, and compassion that I had never experienced before. It's been a life-changing revelation - a further demonstration of the Father's loving heart.

- Lindsay

Live free! Live in Daddy's affection!

No comments: