Monday, July 03, 2006

relentless pursuit

Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth
Does not become weary or tired
His understanding is inscrutable. (Isaiah 40:28)

For many years in my relationship with Father, the majority of my focus was on my pursuit of Him. One of the most influential books in my early days was The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer. I was driven by the desire to be closer to God. Much energy was expended in religious activity designed to realize my goal. I prided myself in the level of effort I was willing to put forth to apprehend Him, but over time I became weary and tired.

Recently, I have come to realize how relentlessly and tirelessly the Father pursues us. Wherever we might be on our journey, He is in full pursuit of our hearts - ever longing to reveal greater depths of His love, ever desiring to bring us into sweeter and sweeter intimacy with Him. I am so glad that the depth of my relationship with Father does not depend upon my efforts, but on His. Isaiah 26:12 rings loud and clear - "LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us."

- Lindsay

Live free! Live in Father's love!

No comments: